Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tgiving Day Parade in NYC





So, at the request of my high school buddy Anne, I've begun a NYC Blog just to talk about stuff I do in NYC.

Hopefully I don't bore you to death.
Here are some pictures of the Macy's Day Parade:

Macy's Day Parade schedule: Get up at the buttcrack of morning (before the sun is even close to rising).. 6:15 am. Don't shower, head out the door, walk to the subway, see some drunk person stumbling home, get on subway, lights are too bright, get to Starbucks, make conversation with barista about how much it sucks to work on Tgiving. I used to do it.
7:30, meet friend outside Starbuck's, take bus across 96th street to the West Side of the park. Walk from 96th street to 72nd, climb a fence or two. End up at 72nd and Central Park West by the John Lennon Memorial and pack in like sardines. Grumble a little about how this better be worth it.
In fact, it is definitely worth it!

Loved it!

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2008 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Love the Macy's Pics! I found my template at btemplates.com

I love olive green and eggplant together. I'm sure yours will look beautiful!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Anne said...

So excited for this!! Yay!

The pictures of the parade are fabulous!!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Maryanne said...

Cassandra, I clicked over here from Anne's facebook page. Yay!

I love, love the parade pictures! It's a family tradition at my house to watch the entire parade on tv on Thanksgiving - even though my husband REALLY dislikes the Broadway performances in the beginning (which happen to be my fave part of the parade). Lucky you to actually be there!

 
At December 12, 2008 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Cass in NYC said...

yeah I had a good time!!
I love the musical performances as well!
Hah, why is it that so many men dislike Broadway!!!!
get with the program men!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home