Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's been a while, since I've seen the way the candles light your face


MUSIC FLASHBACK! haha. Remember that song? Poor guy.

It has been far far too long my friends, since I updated Cass in NYC.

I had a visitor last weekend and it was fab. We went to the NY Aquarium in Brooklyn, which is a must do. We also went to Brighton Beach, and despite the rumors that we would see old, naked, Russian men we survived with an unscathed eye.

Here are some of the pics from the Aquarium. Be careful if you go not to fall in love with the Walrus. Although he can do tricks for seafood, he cannot help you reproduce, nor spread your seed.

Mandi wanted to go to the M&M store, or was it me.. Mandi didn't even know the M&M store existed until I said, we should go to the M&M store. In my defense she was quite enthusiastic about it. We got some Transformers M&M's. They do not transform into fat free versions of themselves. In fact they are strawberry flavored with Peanut Butter on the inside.

We also hit a sweet Mexican spot in the Village. Florencia 13. Go there, or spend your time in NYC grumbling about the lack of good Mexican. I wouldn't call it the best Mexican I've ever had, but it was freaking good for what I'm used to here.

Then we went to Beauty Bar, which I quickly added to my list of favorite places in NYC. best DJ ever. They play the most fun music, that you can sing & dance too. I wish that I could have had this guy do my wedding, then maybe I wouldn't resent all DJ's worldwide. JK, but really, the music was nothing less than wonderful.
Next week my Mom & Yumi are coming, then I'm out of the city a few weekends. On the docket for future blogs are: Mary Poppins on broadway, White Christmas on Broadway, Black Boots & Bagels.

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Mandi said...

I agree....it was a fabulous weekend! :) I was the one that said we should visit the M&M store, after you told me it existed. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't go see Mary Poppins. Just don't tell me how great it is after you go. :)

P.S. You were supposed to crop my feet out of all pics!! ;)

 
At September 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Blogger cass said...

haha funny. Well, you should just come back in the winter. Indiana sucks then anyway.
Plus, I found tickets to Mary Poppins online for $50.

Let's just plan another weekend! =)

Oh, there is a New Years Eve run in C. Park at midnight. Wouldn't that be fun!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home