Thursday, June 4, 2009

who says New Yorkers aren't nice?

Today while at the bus stop I frequent there was a blind lady, which there often is... Strange but you see a lot of blind people in NYC. 

What I noticed was many people were trying to help her.. Unsolicited help at that, but she welcomed the help.

There are about 4 different buses that stop at that same stop, so each time one pulled up you could tell she was trying to figure out which one it was. 

Then I thought about it.. The only time I really felt that I was treated 'rudely' in NY is when I was in Times Square.. and the offense was from someone who was clearly.. a tourist. 

Back to my omelette now!


1 Comments:

At July 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM , Blogger sarahjaye said...

I noticed this when I was in NYC, too. In general people are just in a hurry so they tend to come off as abrasive. But I met tons of nice people there... people open doors and hold elevators. I think tourists just expect NYers to be rude so they figure they'll just be rude first to "fit in." Buh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home