Friday, July 29, 2011

Special Volume: Pregnant and Sweaty

If you don't like reading the grumblings of a pregnant person, probably stop here.
It's actually just regular grumblings, but with the added edge of pregnancy.
Last March, I started working in the burbs.. which means I drive to work. I also have no gym membership and totally stopped doing any fitness related activity because I'm a slacker. Three things happened as a result of this:
1. My commute went from 20 minutes walking to 1 hour driving (in perfect conditions) one way.
2. I gained about 7 lbs, because I was sitting on my butt (literally) all day.
3. I can't breath now when I walk up the stairs and
4. My tolerance for public transportation has rapidly decreased.

One thing I suggest is that if you are pregnant and it is the summer, stay away from the subway. If you are 0-3 months, you're definitely going to vomit.. if you are 4-6 months you're probably going to hate everyone for coughing, clearing their throat, sneezing, just general public transportation woes. If you are 6 months or up and someone doesn't give you their seat... well, kick them.

Public transportation is great. I used to love it. I thought it was the answer to all prayers. I must have forgotten about the summer. Having a creature in your stomach makes you just a little more sweaty anyway, and then being covered in a subway -grime-film makes it all the worse.

My suggestion, get a private driver... or stay at home and never leave. :)

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Anne said...

Do you read this?!?! I've been off fb forever but I'm dying to hear about that baby of yours!! How long has she been out in the world? Could you maybe please post a photo here of her?!?! I'd email you instead of this random blog comment but I'm fairly certain I don't have your current email. Hope all is well and you're loving motherhood!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home